Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh yeah, I have a blog

Wow, its been more than a half a year since I've posted on this damn thing. It's crazy when you realize something like that, especially when I was all about this thing back then. But I digress...

So I've just about graduated from my beloved University of South Florida, with a Bachelor's of Science degree in Political Science, and a Minor in History. Which, as Richard Jeni once said, "...allows you to teach Political Science to others. This isn't an education, its Amway with a track team." The commencement ceremony is August 12, and I've been saving my Cohiba (cigar, to the unrefined) that I got in Miami for just such an occasion. In case you're wondering, I'm still working on my thesis. Jesus, even I'm tired of myself at this point. But the good news is it only affects whether or not I'll have the distinction of graduating from the Honors College; I've got my degree either way (or I'd better, I still need to hear back from you Theresa). And considering I've got a job with one of the biggest law firms in the state (Hint: its not Holland and Knight), I should be fine.

I took a year off from school, primarily because I missed all the deadlines for law school apps last year. But it's just as well; I've got a chance to chip away at some of my debt and get real-world experience in the practice of law, which they like at them thar admissions departments.

There was some bad blood circulating between my associates and myself as of the last few months; basically they were concerned I was just dicking around, with no direction or eye to the future. And what I hate is that the bastards were right. But they are my friends, and it is their job to give me a kick in the ass when I'm acting like a loser. So you will be pleased to know (or you don't fucking care, either one) that I have re-aligned myself with my goals, and all is well.

In that same vein, we are currently in Day Three of the Alan Parsons Project. Not to be confused with the band, THIS Alan Parsons Project is not old or obscure. The Project gives my friends veto power over who I hook up with, thereby keeping me from banging questionable ladies. And by questionable, I mean ugly or skanky. I mean, the last few months have been fun, and certainly an ego boost after my ex left me, but it's time to grow up a bit. Besides, chicks worth a damn don't like herpes, which I'm sure I was en route to contracting. The only downside, as my friend and Project member Steve said, is that "...it's a bad idea to give us anything that could be described as 'veto power,' because we're a bunch of dicks." He may be right, but we will just have to see.

And finally, who would write a better jingle for a regional soap company, the region being the Pacific Northwest: Marilyn Manson, or Insane Clown Posse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home