Wednesday, October 26, 2005

What a fascinating modern age we live in.


Yet again, I find myself unable to discuss the economic impact of NAFTA on Mexico. Why the hell do I have to do a group presentation senior year anyway? "To help you learn to work as a team"? Sorry, sister, if I can't do that by now, I'm not going to. So just save us the trouble. Besides, I'm just doing my own part anyway. I'm the damn ninja of that group: spoken about in hushed whispers, appearing via email every now and then. But I digress...

I DO have Word open here, and as it is a campus computer, I am not the first. Additionally, people save the randomest of shit on here. So, I've taken to reading other word documents saved on here. It started with a title called "Men" and I thought it would be some big rant on how horrible (or wonderful) the Hairier Sex is; turns out it was just about the domineering male characters in such hunks of shit as The Awakening. But it did pique my interest, and now I'm cyber-stalking the campus.

For the record, Julia, that sounds like a very solid relationship you've got there, and I really hope it works out. And really interesting lineage, as well. Oh, and Nassir, you're right Malcom X and King DID have lots of stuff in common. And to whoever wrote the review of Second to None, leave your name!! How else can I randomly mention you? As an aside, I rationalize this little foray into randomness and invasion of privacy as: it's a public fucking computer, and I wouldn't care if someone did this to my stuff. In fact, I hope they do, because I'm quite articulate and concise. Maybe I could get a fanbase, outside of Nikki and Drie.

Also, I found myself in the unfortunate position to be in my car for my hour and a half commute sans my CD collection, which is extensive, so I listened to the radio for the first time in awhile. After grooving to Golddigger for a bit (I'm still not tired of it, and Late Registration rocks the house), I switched over to 97x, "Tampa Bay's New Rock Alternative." 97x is neither new, rock nor alternative. In fact, I'm annoyed at the current trend of whiney emo music with loud riffs and high pitched singers (The White Stripes don't count because everything up to their latest album has rocked hard, and Mr. White doesn't whine). If you cheer up, a la Hot Hot Heat, then rock on. But for fuck's sake, quit bitching. Life is rough and treats you bad, so deal with it. Or be concise and interesting in the way you bitch.

If anyone is in Tampa, check out 88.5. I know I'm part hippy for advocating public radio, but they play the most random of shit. Where else would you hear ANYTHING by the Flaming Lips, or Tom Morello covering an Indigo Girls tune?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should just make up a story about a weekend in Cancun and talk about "that one movie with Antonio Banderas boning Selma Hayek". Guaranteed A.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that we aren't a terrific fanbase...

10:22 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

I thought that went without saying, Nikki.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Court said...

Your blog sucks. Go look at my boyfriend dressed up as tigger.

Yeah, I know how sad that sounds.

And the word verification for this comment id dmaul. As in.. Darth Maul... from star wars. How FUCKING COOL IS THAT?!?!?!?

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ian said...

YOU suck. How about THAT? Going 4th grade on your ass!

And I'll take whatever I can get, drie.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home